Monday, January 25, 2010

Young Hearts!! Help Needed!

Volunteers Needed!!

I came to Bangalore 6 years back to settle in a job. And since then, I never realized how time flew in a whiff! I always had my hands full of work, fun activities, blogging, outings, movies, celebrations of anything and everything!!

May be I never realized how time flew but my support system (my parents) did feel it. They also had their hands full of things but not of their own! A thing which always bothered me! I had all sorts of medium to entertain myself - facebook, orkut, blog, swimming, work, music, movies, bunch of friends, meet ups, unlimited options for new things in life and the young age! And they settled with my happiness.

Something is going really really wrong here. I felt it so deeply. I had already started thinking of some option. The "Second Innings" idea of the movie "Munna Bhai MBBS" stuck my head and I started planning in similar lines.

We have crèche for small kids and I felt I just needed one for older kids :) Why cannot I have a place where all such people can come together, meet, play, share and may be learn many new things together. I just needed to bring them together, make them meet other like minded people and help them grow younger!

And to some extent, I guess I found one. But I need your help here!! It is meetup group opened in Bangalore. Since many of our elders hardly use internet, the onus is on us to help them join it. And I am sure; we would love to see them growing young!

Check out -
http://www.meetup.com/YoungHearts/

You can as well help by volunteering for this initiative! It hardly takes 5 minutes to become a member and plans to bring all young hearts together and make them enjoy moment to the fullest along with other learning.

Also you can vote for this post on Indivine @ http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=8037

Please spread this word to all your friends/elders. Hope to meet you all young hearts soon :)

28 comments:

Prashant Sree said...

In the fast moving so called tech savvy world, the face to face meet up and conversations will help maintain the personal human touch between people.

A good initiative. ATB. :)

regards,

PS

Indian Pundit said...

Very good idea indeed.

Cheers

Mohan said...

Noble thought vineeta. Wishing you all the very best. I shall certainly spread the word...

BK Chowla, said...

Very thoughtful .

Vineeta said...

Hey thank you all for the comments! As you know that I need volunteers for it, so please pass this info to as many people as you can. And you are most welcome to be part of this :)

Shrinath Vashishtha said...

Outstanding spirit of a thoughtful and very human young Indian girl resulting in a marvelous humanitarian initiative, dear Vineeta!

A zillion kudos to you for the exemplary lead, indeed!

I'm all out with you in your good endevour. Do keep me posted about the further plans and developments.

Wish you the very best of luck!

Shrinath Vashishtha
Port Blair.
Andaman & Nicobar Islands (India).
ANDAMAN ISLANDS TOURISM FESTIVAL

Netra said...

Great thought and a very nice initiative :)

You could also get some ideas from the "Laughing club" groups in the city. The old people do not seem to look old but they just rock! :) I love seeing them in the mornings.

You could also have a look at http://www.ashajeevan.org/. Maybe you could take some ideas, or tie up with this group.

Cheers,
Netra

lostworld said...

I'll pass on the word Vineeta! The thought behind this venture is really nice. I wish you every success. Good Luck!!

subu.ps said...

A really nice initiative. All the best for your venture. Is it going to happen in bangalore only

R. Ramesh said...

yours is a laudable initiative vinee...congrats and best wishes..and thanks for staying connected..intimate if i could be of any help..

Piyush Agarwal said...

Hi,

This seems like a good initiative. Would love to be a part of it and yup I am from bangalore.. So do let me know what's next.

Will join the meet-up group. Mail me at agarwal.piyu@gmail.com

Piyush

Vineeta said...

@Netra: Thanks for the info. Lets discuss it out in our first meet up!

@Subu: Yes this is only in bangalore. Please help us spread the word for it :) If it is success, we can have it in other cities too :)

@Ramesh: You can help me by spreading this word by your blog or tweets or any ways possible.

@Piyush: I have sent you a mail.

Nisarg Kinariwala.... said...

It is really a good initative. To spread it - one thing you can do. Probably you must be aware of Promotions on orkut. You can create a promotion in orkut for such a good iniative and your friends can promote this. I'll do it for sure.

Deepa Jagarlapoodi said...

good to know this post is getting useful for a good deed ;) sure will become a member

Indy said...

This is a great initiative! I wish i were in India to do more...! :( Wish you all the best, and hope the elders enjoy their new place!Rushing over to vote!!!

Siddhesh Kabe said...

I could start this in Pune as well....kudos!!!

Haddock said...

This looks like a good idea.
I tried to get my in laws interested in the net - mail etc.....but they have some sort of phobia about the whole thing.

R. Ramesh said...

hey thanks ya...will stay connected...:)

Vintage Obsession said...

lovely initiative :)! would love to know more about it ,, will spead the word as well

http://2cupsofteaandacoffee.blogspot.com/

R. Ramesh said...

buddy i have mentioend in my blog..do have a look..:)

R. Ramesh said...

13 of feb...hmmmm..lage raho munnabehn...:)

sujata sengupta said...

first time on your page, this is so thoughtful, especially coming from such a young girl. I am sure to spread the word about this.

R. Ramesh said...

:)

Indian Pundit said...

Hi Vineeta

Thanks for your opinion.

On the question of , "indians"....i think u know that indigenous peoples of a particular place are also called "Indians".......for example "Red Indians" in america!!

R. Ramesh said...

buddy how things shaping up? wishes always:)

R. Ramesh said...

oh u plan to visit dubai? am told airlines like emirates etc r giving tickets with visas for shopping fest..y dont u check? cya

R. Ramesh said...

my hotmail id is: rrames@hotmail.com

R. Ramesh said...

V- say u wont buy a mobile 4 me..dont say the pixs r good heheh...:)